Southampton striker Pablo Daniel Osvaldo has passed a medical in Turin and signed for Juventus on loan until the end of the season.

The deal contains a clause allowing Juventus - who will pay Osvaldo's wages in full for the duration of the loan - to purchase the Italy international at the end of the season. A Juventus club statement read: "Juventus Football Club can today confirm that terms have been agreed with Southampton Football Club on a free loan deal for Pablo Daniel Osvaldo. The agreement also includes the option, to be exercised before May 13 2014, for the purchase of the player's full registration rights at a price of 19 million euros, to be paid over the course of three years."

Southampton boss Mauricio Pochettino said on Thursday that the Italy international would not play for the club again following his training ground bust-up with teammate Jose Fonte. The incident came just a month after he was involved in a stoppage-time touchline brawl during Southampton's game at Newcastle.

Argentina-born Osvaldo, Southampton's club-record signing, arrived from Roma last summer but has failed to make an impression, scoring just three goals this season. Juventus, Italian champions for the past two seasons, currently sit top of Serie A with a six-point advantage over Osvaldo's former side Roma.

They will compete in the UEFA Europa League in the second half of the season having been knocked out of the Champions League. Osvaldo told Juventus' official website: "I'm really happy. Everything happened in quick time. Sure, I've been pleased with Juve's interest. When everything had been concluded yesterday, I didn't believe it. These have been three incredible days, but I'm happy."

Osvaldo added: "In summer when I left, I was happy. Now I want to enjoy this moment because I've arrived at a top Italian side, in the year of the World Cup. I Want to do my best to make the World Cup."

Appena arrivato, e @danistone25 non sta già più nella pelle! https://t.co/TjaVva74ie

-- JuventusFC (@juventusfc) January 31, 2014