Chivas USA 1, Toronto FC 0

Erick Torres scored in the second half, and 10-man Chivas USA ended a 14-game winless streak with a 1-0 victory against Toronto FC on Wednesday night.

It was Torres' first game for Chivas USA after he was acquired last week on loan from Club Deportivo Guadalajara.

The 20-year-old forward got a pass from Tristan Bowen in the 79th minute, cut inside against three defenders, and then fired at the goal from outside Toronto's box. The ball deflected off defender Gale Agbossoumonde and bounced inside the right post.

It was the first victory since March 30 for Chivas USA (4-11-5), which played short-handed for the final 65 minutes after Eric Avila received a red card for a challenge on Darel Russell.

Toronto (2-10-7) has won just once in its last 17 games.

Torres also had a great scoring chance in the 60th minute, with a look at an open net after Bowen's low cross from the right wing got past three defenders. Torres hesitated, and goalkeeper Joe Bendik somehow got a piece of the ball, deflecting it away.

Chivas goalkeeper Dan Kennedy stopped Russell 1-on-1 in the 54th and pushed aside Jonathan Osorio's shot in the 76th.

Former U.S. national team captain Carlos Bocanegra also made his first appearance for Chivas. He was signed on July 1 after nearly a decade in Europe.

Colorado Rapids 2, New England Revolution 1

Missing several scoring chances in the first 61 minutes, the Colorado Rapids appeared headed for another tough loss.

But an own goal helped change the outcome against the New England Revolution .

''You want to get the first goal, but we all know it's a long game with a lot of parts,'' said Colorado midfielder Nick LaBrocca said. ''The first 45 minutes are important and the rest of the game is just as important.''

The Rapids used an own goal in the 67th minute after getting a game-tying score from LaBrocca to beat New England 2-1 Wednesday.

''This is a team that doesn't quit,'' Colorado coach Oscar Pareja said. ''We have a team that pushes and the second (goal) of this game was remarkable.''

LaBrocca scored his first goal of the season on a left-footed shot from 30 yards. That tied the game at 1 for Colorado (8-7-6).

The game winner came when Dillon Powers took a shot from the right wing against New England goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth. The ball never got to Shuttleworth. Teammate Jose Goncalves got to it first and kicked it into his own net.

''It's a funny game where as soon as you start worrying about the chances you don't get, you start hesitating and you never score,'' LaBrocca said referring to close games that got away from them. ''We look at games where we could have won. It doesn't faze us and we keep going.''

The Rapids won for only the third time in eight games. They are 3-3-2 over that span.

Juan Toja scored for New England (6-7-6). It was Toja's first goal since July 19, 2008.

''It was not a good play by our part,'' New England coach Jay Heaps said of the own goal. ''But we weren't good enough the rest of the night.''

The Revolution, 1-3-2 in their past six games, haven't won in Colorado since June 15, 2002. They played their fifth straight game without Juan Agudelo, who is recovering from an injured right knee.

The Revolution led 1-0 at the break despite the continued struggles of Colorado's Deshorn Brown. Brown missed chances in the ninth minute and in the two minutes of injury time at the end of the half.

Toja didn't miss his on a free kick off a designed play in the 15th minute. Standing outside the scoring box and with Jerry Bengston standing in front of the crease, Toja sent a free kick between the legs of Bengston's legs past the startled look of goalkeeper Clint Irwin.

The Rapids had their chances for an equalizer. Shuttleworth caught Edson Buddle's attempt in the 18th minute.

New England's Darius Barnes sent a header over the crossbar off a corner kick. Bengston stole the ball, but couldn't control it enough for a shot in the 21st minute.

Brown was set up again in added time, but caught too much turf and missed wide left.

Atiba Harris started the second half and sent a low drive that was saved by Shuttleworth in the 54th minute. The Rapids kept up the pressure over the next several minutes, but never challenged with a shot on goal.