Fenerbahce is set to enter the Champions League on Friday despite its UEFA ban for match-fixing, after winning an emergency ruling from sport's highest court.

The Turkish club said in a statement to the Istanbul stock exchange on Thursday that it was cleared to take part in the third qualifying round draw.

''The execution of the two-year ban from UEFA competitions given to our club by the UEFA (appeal) committee has been suspended by CAS (the Court of Arbitration for Sport),'' Fenerbahce said.

CAS said on Wednesday it registered Fenerbahce's appeal against UEFA, and was considering an urgent interim request to freeze sanctions. No date has been set for the full appeal hearing.

''This struggle will continue until the end and both the whole of Turkey and the world will see that Fenerbahce is in the right,'' president Aziz Yildirim told the club's television station.

In a statement to the Associated Press, UEFA said it would confirm the list of entered clubs on Friday, just ahead of the draw. Bursaspor is waiting to take any vacant Turkish entry.

UEFA expelled Fenerbahce from its competitions last month after judging that club officials fixed matches to win the 2011 Turkish league title. UEFA rules bar clubs if they are connected to fixing matches played since April 2007.

Fenerbahce finished runner-up in the Turkish Super League last season, and needs to win through two Champions League qualifying rounds to join league winner Galatasaray in the group stage.

Still, Fenerbahce could be removed from Europe's signature club competition despite Thursday's legal victory, even if it proceeds to play. First-leg matches are scheduled for July 30-31.

In August 2011, weeks after the widespread match-fixing scandal flared, the Turkish Football Federation - reportedly under pressure from UEFA - withdrew Fenerbahce on the eve of the group-stage draw in Monaco. Then, runner-up Trabzonspor was restored by UEFA into the lucrative group stage even though it had already been eliminated in the qualifying rounds.

Fenerbahce officials, including Yildirim, deny wrongdoing and are appealing their criminal convictions in national courts.