Manchester United manager David Moyes reiterated on Friday that he has no plans to sell Wayne Rooney despite Premier League rival Chelsea continuing its pursuit of the England striker.

United formally rejected an ambitious Chelsea bid for Rooney this week and Moyes has made it clear he wants Rooney among the striking options for his first season in charge of the 20-time English champions.

New Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho appears desperate to land the forward and new deal is expected to be tabled soon.

''The club's position has not changed,'' Moyes said Friday of United's determination that Rooney play out the remaining two years of his contract.

The 27-year-old Rooney has pushed for a move from United since expressing frustration about his lack of playing time.

He is not with the club on the Australian leg of its Asia Pacific tour after aggravating a hamstring injury in Bangkok last week.

Speaking at a media conference on the eve of United's pre-season friendly against an A-League All Stars team, Moyes said rather than shedding players the league champions are looking at more signings, promising news in the next 24 hours on the possible recruitment of Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

''The chief executive is dealing with it. Hopefully know more in the next few days,'' he said.

Moyes is yet to sign any new first-team players since taking over from Alex Ferguson in May, much to the concern of United fans.

?''As far as players we are looking to bring in are concerned, we are working hard to do that,'' Moyes said.

?''We are trying very hard to make some additions. ... hopefully there will be some good news in the not too distant future.''