Mon, 21 Jan 2013 22:40:00 – Everton manager David Moyes had few complaints after seeing his side held to a goalless draw by Southampton at St Mary's.
However, the Scot was disappointed in the visitors' first-half display - although he paid tribute to Southampton and their former manager Nigel Adkins, who was sacked last week.
"After the way we played in the first half, I was frustrated," he said
"In the second half, we got good opportunities but we couldn't nick a goal.
"We didn't play well and Southampton have been playing well. I've been to see them a couple of times and they continued that form, particularly in the first half.
"I've got to say I thought their team did really well. I give Nigel (Adkins) a lot of credit. I saw his team play at Chelsea and they were excellent.
"Now there's a new manager (Mauricio Pochettino) taking over the reins and they've played well."
The France Under-21 defender emerged as a target for Alan Pardew earlier this month and has also been linked with Roma.
Haidara's priority is to join a Premier League club, and he could now get his wish after Nancy accepted an undisclosed offer, according to Sky Sources.
He said recently: "Newcastle do appeal to me, but everyone has to agree.
"I would be very happy to play there. My preference is England. It is the league which attracts me the most and would suit my game the best."
Haidara is the third French defender pursued by Newcastle this transfer window.
Mathieu Debuchy has already arrived and a bid for Montpellier's Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa has been agreed.
Upton Park boss Sam Allardyce has admitted defensive reinforcements are his top priority in the January transfer window.
And Dnipro's Inkoom, who is not at the Africa Cup of Nations, figures highly on the Hammers' wanted list, with his agent confirming there is plenty of interest.
Christian Emile told Sky Sports: "It's true. Last summer, a Premier League club and Sporting Lisbon did put forward an offer for Inkoom. However, an agreement was not reached."
He added: "During this window, there has been a lot of interest shown in Samuel across Europe so we are considering things carefully."
The Canaries' initial bid last Thursday, reported to be in the region of Â£5million, was rebuffed by the Scottish champions, with Hoops boss Neil Lennon later claiming it was "nowhere near our valuation of the player".
However, Norwich remain keen to sign the Englishman, who scored twice at the weekend to take his season tally to 20 goals, and it's believed they upped their offer on Monday only for it to be snubbed again.
Hooper has regularly been linked with a move to the Premier League thanks to his goal-scoring exploits at Parkhead since his arrival from Scunthorpe in 2010 and believes playing in England would boost his international chances.
The 24-year-old, whose contract expires in the summer of 2014, has been in talks over an extension to his current deal since the start of the season but it now appears the refusal of this latest offer could signal his exit during the transfer window.
A source close to the player told sportinglife.com : "Gary does not want to sign what has been offered as it's not on a par with the club's highest earners.
"Gary has never made any secret of his desire to play in the Premier League and this may now happen sooner than expected."