Birmingham's stance regarding the availability of players has not changed since the January transfer window opened.

Reports on Monday suggest cash-strapped Blues are open to offers for any of their first-team players, yet that has always been the case, with every member of manager Lee Clark's squad available at the right price but while not being transfer listed.

Thirteen-goal leading scorer Marlon King is the latest player to attract speculation but reports he has been told he can leave Birmingham on a free as they look to offload his services are wide of the mark.

City have received only one formal bid for any of their players since the winter window opened.

Winger Chris Burke was the subject of a £300,000 offer from Nottingham Forest earlier this month which was rejected by the powers that be at St Andrew's.

England goalkeeper Jack Butland has been at the forefront of speculation over his future but no offers have yet been received, despite several enquiries as a host of clubs, including Newcastle and Liverpool, continue to be interested.

Other players heavily linked with a move away from the struggling npower Championship club over the coming 10 days include Nikola Zigic, Curtis Davies and Nathan Redmond.

It remains to be seen what transpires between now and January 31 but is no secret financially-stricken City are in need of funds as they look to stave off the possible future threat of administration.

Hearts are four points off the top six of the SPL in ninth place following their 4-1 defeat at Celtic Park on Saturday.

Driver felt they had let themselves down in their Parkhead performance and knows the season could be consigned to a damp squib if they fail to get past in-form Caley Thistle.

Their season has been beset with financial problems and the William Hill Scottish Cup final drubbing of Hibernian was partly avenged by the Leith side with a 1-0 fourth-round victory last month.

So Driver is determined to leave Easter Road in happier mood on Saturday.

While taking the League Cup trophy to pupils from Aberlady Primary School in East Lothian, Driver told Hearts TV: "With letting ourselves down in the league, we really need to get to the final to get a buzz about the place and hopefully help us kick on and with our league form.

"We want to get back to Hampden, with our experience last year we all want to get there again.

"We really need to save our season and have a lot to look forward to in the second half of the campaign."

Ferguson branded Beck's performance "shocking" after he failed to flag for what the Scot thought was a "clear penalty" for the visitors when Wayne Rooney went down in the box after a challenge by Steven Caulker in Sunday's 1-1 draw at Tottenham.

The United boss said his club had "history" with Beck following his failure to rule out an offside Didier Drogba goal in 2010 and also claimed that: "There was no way we were going to get a decision from (Beck)."

The FA confirmed on Monday evening that they have contacted Ferguson asking him to clarify his comments. He has until 6pm on Thursday to respond.

Should the FA rule that Ferguson's comments amount to a questioning of Beck's integrity, they will charge the United boss with misconduct and he could be hit with a touchline ban and or fine.