Mon, 14 Jan 2013 18:47:00 – Blackpool have no new injury worries as caretaker-boss Steve Thompson prepares to lead the managerless Championship outfit into their FA Cup third-round replay against Fulham.
The Seasiders, who drew 1-1 with the Cottagers in the first tie, are in talks with Dundee United boss Peter Houston over replacing Michael Appleton, who left to take charge at Blackburn after just 66 days at Bloomfield Road.
Defender Ian Evatt remains sidelined with a bruised knee, while winger Matt Phillips continues his recovery from a toe injury. The 21-year-old Scotland international last featured during November's 2-2 draw with Bolton - the first game of Appleton's brief tenure.
Stephen Crainey returned at left-back for Saturday's 2-1 defeat to Charlton, but Bob Harris could feature again with Thompson likely to shuffle his pack.
Gary Taylor-Fletcher overcame a back injury to take up a place on the bench at The Valley and is set to be included once more as Pool chase a fourth-round trip to Manchester United.
Fulham manager Martin Jol is expected to rest striker Dimitar Berbatov for the replay.
Jol has hinted he will rest several first-team players for the clash given that it comes just three days after the Cottagers' 1-1 draw against Wigan.
Mahamadou Diarra (knee) and Kerim Frei (pelvis) are likely to miss out while Steven Sidwell is a doubt with a hamstring injury.
The 21-year-old stopper is yet to make a first-team appearance for the reigning European champions but has made more than 60 Football League appearances during loan spells with Barnet, Yeovil, Bristol Rovers and Northampton.
Walker's arrival at the Weston Homes Community Stadium seems to suggest manager Joe Dunne will remain in his position, for the time being at least.
Dunne admitted he was considering his future after Saturday's 2-1 home reverse at the hands of fellow strugglers Scunthorpe - a ninth successive league defeat and an unwanted new club record.
Dunne is also close to bringing in another unnamed player, believed to be former loan striker Jabo Ibehre.
It is believed the 24-year-old will be at the club's Melwood training ground on Tuesday for manager Brendan Rodgers to begin his assessment of the Molde centre-back.
Reports in Norway had claimed the Reds had a ?4million bid accepted and Forren was scheduled to have a Tuesday medical, but that is not the case.
Forren, who made his competitive international debut in October, was scouted in person at least twice by Everton manager David Moyes recently.
Fulham and Belgian side Club Brugge were also linked with a move for the defender.
Forren's arrival, albeit on trial, leaves Liverpool defender Sebastian Coates' position in question.
Earlier this month Rodgers admitted the Uruguay international, who has made just nine appearances this season - only two in the Premier League as substitute, could go out on loan if adequate cover could be found.
"It has been difficult for him to get games and the best thing for Sebastian would be to go out and get his games," said the Reds boss.
In November Forren, when asked about a move to England and links with Everton, said: "I cannot stand here and say that I'm not interested - after all the Premier League is involved and Everton are a great club.
"I feel ready. I have had many great matches in the Europa League in the league and the national team.
"I have done well and it tempts me more and more to take the next step.
"I have developed myself a lot this year but right now my focus is on performing well."