Sun, 02 Dec 2012 15:40:00 – Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini insists he is paying no attention to stories linking Jose Mourinho with a move to the Etihad Stadium.
Speculation has suggested that Mourinho could be set to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season, and he has been connected with a number of clubs.
Manchester City has been mooted as a possible destination, with Mourinho regularly hinting that he would like to return to work in English football.
However, Mancini stressed earlier this week that he still had the backing of City's owners despite bowing out of the UEFA Champions League at the group stage for a second straight year.
And the Italian is not feeling threatened by any talk about Mourinho as he remains focused on the task ahead at City.
"I read one day that Mourinho is going to Paris Saint-Germain. The next day it's Inter, then Manchester City, Manchester United and then Chelsea," said Mancini.
"I am very happy for him. I think he is working well in what he is trying to do.
"But I don't feel under any pressure at City. I am disappointed we are out of the Champions League, but this is football."
The 32-year-old missed the thrilling 3-3 draw with Oxford in the FA Cup on Saturday, and Stanley boss Leam Richardson fears he will be sidelined for a prolonged period.
"Bavs has been carrying a slight injury in the last few weeks and he got severely knocked on it on Tuesday night against Rotherham," Richardson told the club's official website.
"He had a scan and the results came through as him having torn ligaments and tendons in his shoulder. I think that potentially he could be out for the season."
The setback prompted Richardson to bring in Leeds keeper Paul Rachubka on an emergency loan, but with the deal lasting only a week, the 33-year-old is still weighing up a long-term solution.
"While the transfer window is closed I think you can only renew the seven days and then in January we'll look to do what we can to bring someone in," Richardson added.