A Mets fan who ran on to the field to celebrate with the players after Johan Santana's historic no-hitter has been banned from returning to Citi Field, according to multiple reports Tuesday.

Rafael Diaz said he got such an adrenaline rush from the franchise's first no-no that "he couldn't help" himself, the New York Post reported.

"I was overcome with emotion, just being a die-hard Mets fan," Diaz, a married father of two, told the Post after his release from jail Monday.

He also said he had been banned from returning to Citi Field, according to Sporting News.

Diaz, 32, was charged with trespassing and spent two nights behind bars before a Queens judge released him and pal John Ries, 25, on their own recognizance.

Ries was stopped by security before he reached the first base line.

Both men face up to a year in jail, but with previously clean records, they'll most likely receive probation.

Read more nypost.com

Follow us on twitter.com/foxnewslatino
Like us at facebook.com/foxnewslatino