Torres Casts Doubt On Chelsea Future

Fernando Torres cast doubt over his Chelsea future after admitting being named a substitute in Saturday's UEFA Champions League final was the "biggest" disappointment of his life.

Torres said he will demand talks about his role with the team this summer, claiming that people at Stamford Bridge had not kept to their promises since he joined for a club-record £50 million ($79 million) fee last year.

The Spaniard came off the bench as the English Premier League club went on to dramatically beat Bayern Munich in a penalty shootout.

But in the aftermath of victory, he told Sky Sports analyst Guillem Balague, "It's contradictory because I feel like I'm at a peak moment in my career, with more desire and hunger than I've felt in a long time, but I've had to spend the final on the bench. It was a huge disappointment when I saw the lineup, perhaps the biggest in my life."

He added, "I thought I would play in this game, and I couldn't imagine not doing so. But in the end, I could participate and offer the team something. I'm really happy."

His delight at winning European soccer's biggest club prize could not, though, mask lingering unhappiness at his treatment during his well-documented struggles and long scoring drought since joining the Blues in January 2011.

Torres said that while owner Roman Abramovich and the fans had kept faith in him, others at the club had let him down.

"This season, I have felt things that I never had before," he said. "I've felt like they treated me in a way that I didn't expect. Not in the way that was spoken of when they signed me. We've had a lot of talks, and we'll talk about my future. I want them to tell me what is going to happen in the future."

A smiling Torres appeared in a more buoyant mood during Chelsea's homecoming victory parade Sunday, declaring "the best is yet to come" for him and the club as thousands of fans filled the streets of west London.

Drogba To Leave Chelsea

Chelsea bid an official farewell Tuesday to striker Didier Drogba, the hero of Saturday's UEFA Champions League Final.

The move by the 34-year-old Ivorian international was expected, as reports indicated he had tearfully said goodbye to his teammates at Sunday's trophy parade through the streets of London.

"Didier is undoubtedly a Chelsea legend and will always be part of the Chelsea family. He is certainly leaving on a high after Saturday night but he feels the time is right for a new challenge," club chief executive Ron Gourlay said.

Chelsea said talks in recent weeks were "amicable," and the final announcement on Drogba's departure was put off to avoid distractions prior to the Champions League final.

Drogba made his final appearance for the Blues his most memorable, scoring a late equalizer to break the hearts of the home Bayern Munich fans. He then sealed the victory with the decisive kick in the penalty shootout.

"As a team we have accomplished so much and have won every single trophy possible," Drogba said, calling his decision a "difficult" one.

"Saturday was a very special moment for everyone at the club and for all the fans, and I am very proud to have played my part in bringing many trophies to this club, which has been my home for the last eight years," he added.

Drogba leaves after scoring 157 goals in 341 appearances for Chelsea, and also helping the club bring home three English Premier League titles, four FA Cups, and two Carling Cups. He is the fourth leading scorer all-time at the club, and tallied a team record 34 goals in European competition.

Follow us on twitter.com/foxnewslatino
Like us at facebook.com/foxnewslatino