Inter Milan announced Wednesday that it is no longer interested in signing Manchester City striker Carlos Tévez, having previously held negotiations with the Argentine.
AC Milan and Paris Saint Germain also held talks with the 27-year old, but no club was able to meet City's £30 million ($47 million) valuation.
With less than a week remaining of the English Premier League (EPL) transfer window, Tévez is presently in Argentina, having returned to South America in November. He reportedly has lost nearly £10 million in unpaid wages and bonuses.
Both the striker and his club are keen to see an end to what has become an arduous saga, which began in September after he refused to resume his warm-up in the UEFA Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich.
City chairman Khaldoon al Mubarak said Tuesday that the club would not allow Tévez to leave in any bargain deal and would expect the forward to honor the remaining two and a half years of his contract if no transfer was reached.
AC Milan was Tévez's preferred destination, but, with PSG having pulled out of a deal because it believes it is too expensive, the Rossoneri now appear to be his only option after Inter ruled out a move due to the return of other players from injury.
Inter Milan board member Marco Tronchetti Provera told the ANSA news agency, "Now we're no longer interested in Tévez. He is following a different path."