The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has said it received further evidence on Tuesday regarding John Terry's alleged racial slur towards Anton Ferdinand.

Newspaper reports have claimed a video, featuring previously unseen footage from TV cameras, was given to police before being passed on.

The CPS said it had asked police for more information regarding the incident, but would not confirm what it had requested.

Prosecutors are considering whether there is enough evidence to bring charges against Chelsea and England captain Terry.

The 31-year-old has denied making the alleged comments to Queens Park Rangers defender Ferdinand during a Premier League match at Loftus Road on 23rd October.

Shortly after the allegations were made, Terry said in a statement: "I've seen that there's a lot of comments on the internet with regards to some video footage of me during the game.

"I'm disappointed that people have leapt to the wrong conclusions about the context of what I was seen to be saying to Anton Ferdinand.

"I would never say such a thing, and I'm saddened that people would think so."