29/09/2011 22:01 +0100 – Although Carlos Tevez topped the crime sheet with his refusal to play, which has brought the South American a two-week suspension and triggered an internal review into what went on at the Allianz Arena, Mancini delivered some harsh words in Dzeko's direction too. The Bosnian complained bitterly after being replaced by Nigel de Jong 10 minutes into the second-half of the 2-0 defeat to Bayern. He was still complaining as he took his place on the bench and continued his moans as the match went on. Mancini was not impressed and stated afterwards it was the "last time any player behaved like that" after being substituted. Dzeko refused to speak to reporters as he left the stadium. However, having had chance to consider his actions, he has now said sorry to Mancini and his team-mates. "I know my reaction (to being taken off) was bad," he said. "I have spoken to the guys and to the coach as well. "I have apologised for the reaction and Roberto has accepted it and said that everything is OK and that we have to be positive for the next game." Dzeko explained that he had been extra motivated to win the game because of the time he spent in Germany with Wolfsburg. Unfortunately, things did not go to plan for City. "I was unhappy because we were 2-0 down and I wanted to win the game," he said. "It was something special for me to go back to Germany where I played for a long time. I wanted to do well and wanted the team to do well. Things didn't go well for us. That is why I was extra frustrated." Although City have collected just a single point from their opening two games and have fallen three adrift of Napoli and five behind group favourites, Bayern, Dzeko is refusing to give up home that they can make it through. Positive results in back-to-back meetings with Villarreal hold the key to City's progress and Dzeko is optimistic. "Everyone has had a sleep and a rest after the Bayern game," he said. "We know we could have done better but it is football and you cannot win every game. "Bayern Munich is behind us, we are feeling positive and looking forward to the next game. That is our new target now." That Dzeko has made his peace with Mancini will come as a welcome relief to City fans. With seven goals so far this season, the 25-year-old was one of the major factors behind the Blues' excellent start to the season. However, with Tevez's future now open to extreme doubt, Mancini will have fewer striking options and after going four games without a goal, City need Dzeko back on form again. Tevez has been lying low, waiting for the club to advance their investigation. It is anticipated everyone connected with the club who were in the vicinity of the bench on Tuesday will be asked for their observations. The club are taking such a stringent approach to their work that journalists attending tomorrow's scheduled pre-match press conference looking ahead to Saturday's trip to Blackburn have already been warned that Mancini will not speak about Tevez. Three points at Ewood Park will be on the agenda though, with Dzeko recalling it was the ground where he broke his Premier League duck at the 10th attempt in City's single-goal triumph back in March. "I remember last year when I scored there and we won," he said. "We had great support from thousands of City fans and we hope to make then cheer again on Saturday."