30/08/2011 12:24 +0100 – The 25-year-old was the subject of a bid from Arsenal last week which was turned down by Wanderers as it was well short of their valuation. Some critics suggested that could have accounted for his poor performance in Saturday's 3-1 defeat at Anfield and even manager Owen Coyle hinted at such. However, Bolton captain Davies felt Cahill was dealing well with the continued debate over his future. "What goes on behind the scenes is important and I think all the speculation must have been difficult for him," he said. "He's coped well, if you ask me. He's a magnificent player and through all this he's got on with his job for Bolton, and that's all he's been asked to do. "We'll see what happens over the next few days now." Should Cahill depart then Coyle will need to find a replacement swiftly with the transfer window closing at 11pm on Wednesday. In addition, the Bolton boss is still chasing Liverpool striker David Ngog but appears to have lost out on Manchester City winger Shaun Wright-Phillips as he seems destined for QPR. But Davies is confident Coyle will get the necessary business done and bring in the right players. "We've got faith in the manager, chairman and owner," he told the Bolton News. "It's not the biggest squad in the world but we are happy with what we've got. "There are one or two injuries, which never helps, but I think as a player you've got to try and get on with your own job. "I think the manager has already shown he's got an eye for a player."