Going into their play-off second leg against FC Thun at the Britannia Stadium a goal up from last Thursday's initial meeting in Switzerland, the Potters scored three times in the first half on the way to a comfortable 4-1 win on the night and 5-1 victory on aggregate. The result means the Staffordshire outfit, who are taking part in major European competition for the first time in 37 years, have guaranteed themselves at least six more continental fixtures and they will discover who their opponents are when the draw for the group stage is made on Friday. Manager Pulis feels Stoke's fans have played a vital role in the team's progress and thinks it will be a fitting reward for them if some glamorous names are pulled out of the hat to face the Potters. "This is the first time we have done this, so it is lovely for our supporters, who have backed us so magnificently over the past few years, to get something fresh and new that they have never experienced before," Pulis said. "At this football club we have really tried to join the supporters together with the players. "By doing this tonight, it is a great reward for the supporters for what they have done. "I hope to God that we draw two big teams to play at the Britannia, because the place will be absolutely special if we do that. "That will be reward for them, for the way they have helped us." Jermaine Pennant provided both assists as Matthew Upson - netting his first Stoke goal on his home debut - and Kenwyne Jones headed past stand-in Thun goalkeeper Dragan Djukic in the 25th and 31st minutes. Glenn Whelan then extended the advantage further by drilling an effort in with seven minutes of the first half remaining. Jones crashed home his second with just under 20 minutes to go before substitute Andreas Wittwer netted a consolation for the visitors, and Pulis was delighted with the way his side took to their task. "I thought the players' attitude was fantastic," Pulis said. "They have embraced it, they are enjoying it and 24,000 here tonight have really enjoyed it as well. "It was important that we didn't give them a leg-up - if we had conceded early on, it would have been difficult for us. "But it was lovely to score our goals when we did, and then we were able to take a couple of players off and rest them." Thun boss Bernard Challandes refused to be despondent about his team's defeat. "We started fairly well, but after the first goal came, of course things didn't go so well for us," Challandes said. "The second goal came in rapid succession and after that it became a very tough game. "Physically, Stoke played very well, particularly in the box, and we couldn't find solutions to inhibit their free movement. "We have to accept the result and continue to work. "We have had a lesson in what the Premier League is all about. "But it has been a very positive experience for our young team and we shouldn't have too much sorrow about what has happened here."