New Rangers signing Carlos Bocanegra has no concerns about the row surrounding his eligibility to face Maribor in the Europa League playoffs.

The Slovenian side lodged a complaint with UEFA after the United States captain made his Rangers debut in last week's first leg, which Maribor won 2-1.

Rangers announced the player's signing from St Etienne last Wednesday and he played in the clash in Slovenia the following day after receiving international clearance.

Bocanegra was then forced to sit out a 3-0 win over Motherwell on Sunday because he had not been granted a visa to work in the UK, sparking a complaint from Maribor.

UEFA confirmed ITS control and disciplinary body would investigate, although Rangers are confident it has not broken any rules.

Speaking ahead of Thursday's second leg at Ibrox, Bocanegra said: "It's not something I really concern myself with.

"I'm confident that Rangers went through the process and did all the right steps to make sure I'm eligible to play.

"I can't really worry about it. I'm confident Rangers have sorted it out so it's not a big deal for me."

Rangers manager Ally McCoist insists the row will not affect his side's preparation for the game.

McCoist said at a press conference on Wednesday: "We are just focusing our thoughts on tomorrow night's game and we believe Carlos will be ready to play.

"It's not frustrating at all. It's just something that's happened and we believe we have carried out the right procedures.

"The SFA contacted UEFA on Thursday to say that Carlos could play so we are quite happy with everything we have done.

"In an ideal situation we wouldn't have things like this but we do and it won't affect us, that's for sure."