Wenger is still waiting to learn whether he would be charged for his actions while serving a one-match touchline ban during Tuesday night's Champions League play-off round first leg with Udinese. The Gunners boss was caught passing messages to his team via a third party at the Emirates Stadium before being warned not to at half-time. Wenger claimed UEFA had told him he was permitted to relay instructions to assistant manager Pat Rice through first-team coach Boro Primorac, who was in telephone contact with the Arsenal bench. But European football's governing body denied giving Wenger the green light and have been studying the report from their match officials before deciding whether to take further action. Any sanction would likely be a fine rather than another ban but that would not go down with Wenger, who has insisted he did everything he could to respect UEFA's rules. "It was very difficult because you don't know really what the rules are," he told Arsenal Player. "They told us first that, through my assistant, he can communicate. "And after half-time, it was not like that." He added: "It is a real concern because up to what level can you stop somebody doing his job? "We tried to respect the rules and the rules are set by UEFA. "But, of course, it is very difficult to see where you can stop a person having an influence. "You cannot go to the dressing room - that's how I understand it and I didn't do it." It has been a week to forget for Wenger, who lost captain Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona on Monday after one of the longest transfer sagas in Premier League history. Samir Nasri looks certain to follow Fabregas out of the exit sooner rather than later, amid reports Wenger has given up on holding out on more than the £22million Manchester City are prepared to pay for the wantaway playmaker. To compound matters, Wenger's latest superstar midfielder, Jack Wilshere, is set to miss Saturday's Barclays Premier League game against Liverpool and is 50-50 for Wednesday night's Champions League return in Udinese. Wilshere is still undergoing treatment on his troublesome ankle injury, which it was originally hoped would clear up in time for last weekend's opener at Newcastle. That game cost Wenger two more players, with new striker Gervinho sent off and midfielder Alex Song subsequently charged after television pictures showed him appearing to stamp on Joey Barton. Gervinho and Song both start three-match bans on Saturday. The Udinese game saw Kieran Gibbs and substitute Johan Djourou both limp off with hamstring strains, joining Wilshere, Abou Diaby and Armand Traore on the sidelines. That could force Wenger to hand summer signing Carl Jenkinson his Premier League debut in the unfamiliar position of left-back against Liverpool. Jenkinson is one of several youngsters putting their hands up for a place in the side. Another is Emmanuel Frimpong, who spent virtually all of last season out injured. He said: "I just want to be involved as much as possible. "It is going to be hard because there are so many players at Arsenal but hopefully I can play as many games as I can. "It is difficult because I am at a very big club and I have got to be patient." Fellow midfielder Ryo Miyaichi, who finally secured a work permit last week, is also hoping for his big break. January signing Miyaichi was dubbed 'Ryodinho' by the Dutch media while on loan at Feyenoord last season. "Yes, I believe they compare me to Ronaldinho," he told www.arsenal.com. "But I can't hold a candle to him. "There needs to be a lot of hard work in order to catch up with and overtake him!"