Alan Pardew is looking for a left-sided full-back and has made Pieters one of his top targets to fill the vacancy. The Magpies are looking to replace Jose Enrique who left the club to join Liverpool for a reported £6million fee last week. PSV technical director Marcel Brands confirmed that Newcastle have not been in touch about the 23-year-old. He said: "Since the weekend, we have no news from England." The Grandstand football agency, which represents Pieters, also confirmed the transfer is not any closer to being completed. A spokesman told De Telegraaf: "It is not clear whether the two clubs have agreed a fee yet. "We are still waiting to hear from both sides." The Dutch club's coach, Fred Rutten, last week revealed that he was keen for Pieters to stay but admitted it was unlikely. Toon have also been linked with Lyon defender Aly Cissokho and Manchester City's Wayne Bridge as potential signings. Meanwhile, two trialists played for Newcastle's second string in Wednesday night's 5-0 win over Gateshead reserves. Lens defenders William Remy, 20, and Darnel Situ, 19, are hoping to earn a deal at St James' Park.