Seattle Sounders 4 Colorado Rapids 3

Seattle Sounders hit back from a half-time deficit to defeat Colorado Rapids 4-3 at CenturyLink Field.

Fredy Montero scored his third goal in two games with a diving header in the 82nd minute, Mauro Rosales scored off a pass from Montero two minutes later and the Seattle Sounders remained unbeaten in their last nine matches with a 4-3 win over the Colorado Rapids.

Seattle rallied twice against the defending MLS Cup champions, getting an early goal from Alvaro Fernandez and Roger Levesque's goal early in the second half before breaking through for a pair of goals in the final 10 minutes for its sixth victory during the unbeaten streak. Seattle has not lost since May 25 against Dallas.

For the second straight game, Seattle scored three times in the second half, putting on an entertaining display in front of a crowd that included Manchester United coach Sir Alex Ferguson. The Sounders will play United in an exhibition Wednesday night.

Levesque got Seattle's rally started when he flicked a cross from Rosales past Colorado goalkeeper Matt Pickens early in the second half. Montero then headed home Brad Evans' deflected shot to give Seattle the lead, and before Colorado had a chance to react, Rosales sneaked behind the defense and netted his second goal of the season.

Rosales' goal proved huge as Colorado's Caleb Forlan scored off a corner kick in the final minute before stoppage time. But the Rapids ran out of opportunities. Colorado got a first-minute goal from Wells Thompson and a goal from Jeff Larentowicz in the 43rd minute, but ultimately couldn't hold off Seattle's continuous offensive attack.

Portland Timbers 1 Chicago Fire 0

Jack Jewsbury scored on a penalty kick to lift the Portland Timbers to a 1-0 win over the Chicago Fire on Saturday night.

The Timbers' first road victory snapped a seven-match winless streak (0-6-1), and an 0-5-2 road streak. Their last victory came at home against Columbus on May 21.

Chicago's winless streak in MLS play was extended to six matches (0-2-4).

Jewsbury hammered the ball low to the left of Chicago goalkeeper Sean Johnson in the 25th minute for his fifth goal of the season. The penalty kick was awarded when Chicago defender Gonzalo Segares pulled down Portland forward Jorge Perlaza about 10 yards from the goal.

Portland goalkeeper Troy Perkins stopped eight Chicago shots in earning his fourth shutout of the season. The Fire's best chances came on shots by midfielder Marco Pappa. Perkins stopped two of them, in the 37th and 90th minutes, diving to bat them away. He kicked the other away with a lunge 20 seconds into stoppage time.

The Fire played the final 30 minutes a man down after defender Yamith Cuesta was ejected for picking up a second yellow card.

Portland defender Kevin Goldthwaite was carried from the field after suffering a left knee injury when tackled 10 minutes into the match. He will be out indefinitely, the club announced.

NY Red Bulls 0 Chivas USA 0

Frank Rost's New York debut was overshadowed by the play of Chivas USA goalkeeper Dan Kennedy, who stole the show in a 0-0 draw with the Red Bulls on Saturday night.

Kennedy made three saves for his first shutout of the season to help the Rojiblancos extend their unbeaten streak to four games.

The struggling Red Bulls were unable to get past Kennedy, who stopped numerous chances. New York had its best opportunity in the 21st minute when midfielder Teemu Tanio fired a shot from 30 yards that forced Kennedy into a diving save.

With the draw, the Red Bulls have only one win in their last seven matches.

New York returns to Red Bull Arena next weekend to take on surging FC Dallas, while Chivas USA will continue its two-game home stand Saturday against Houston.

San Jose Earthquakes 0 Columbus Crew 0

San Jose goalkeeper Jon Busch and his counterpart William Hesmer made several crucial saves as the Earthquakes and Columbus Crew played to a scoreless tie Saturday.

Despite six saves by Busch, the Earthquakes (5-6-8) extended their winless streak to six games (0-2-4). Hesmer had five saves for the Crew (7-5-7), who have four wins, two losses and a tie over the past seven games.

''It was a goalkeepers' night for sure,'' San Jose defender Chris Leitch said. ''It was a little bit more of a wide open game; breakaways at both ends.

''I guess a tie is considered a good result, for sure. We would have liked to have played a little bit better. That said, sometimes you have to get a result when you're not playing you're best. That's what we did tonight.''

Hesmer parried a header by Chris Wondolowski over the crossbar in the 75th minute, just after Busch denied a break by Andres Mendoza. Busch also slid to the right of the goal to stop Justin Meram in the 90th minute.

San Jose was blanked for the fifth time in six games, while Hesmer recorded his second straight shutout and seventh of the season.

''We gave them a lot of good looks, actually, and we were lucky enough not to give one up,'' Hesmer said. ''The looks we got made it real easy for Buschy.''

San Jose was blanked for the fifth time in six games while Hesmer recorded his second straight shutout and seventh of the season. Busch has six.

Sporting Kansas City 1 Houston Dynamo 1

Aurelien Collin scored late in the second half and Sporting Kansas City extended its unbeaten streak to 11 games with a 1-1 draw against the undermanned Houston Dynamo on Saturday night.

Houston (5-6-9) played the final 21 minutes down two men, but stretched its unbeaten streak to four games and kept a one-point lead over Kansas City (5-6-8) for fourth place in the Eastern Conference.

Brad Davis gave Houston a 1-0 lead in the eighth minute on an unassisted direct kick from about 25 yards out to the right that found the net inside the far post.

Collin tied the score in the 90th minute hitting a low drive from 25 yards out in the middle that deflected off of Houston's Kofi Sarkodie and into the middle of the net.

Houston thought it had taken a 2-0 lead in the 27th minute off Davis' corner kick that was headed in by Brian Ching, but Houston's Colin Clark was called offsides to negate the goal.

Houston goalkeeper Tally Hall finished with eight saves.

In a scary moment, Houston's Jermaine Taylor and Kansas City's Chance Myers were down on the field for several minutes after Myers appeared to give Taylor a forearm to the head off a corner kick in the 30th minute. Myers re-entered the game five minutes later, while Taylor re-entered in the 36th minute before being replaced by Bobby Boswell at the half.

Houston played the game a man down for the final 39 minutes after Clark was given a straight red card in the 51st minute for a hard tackle on Collin, and the Dynamo played the final 21 minutes down two men after Ching was given a straight red for kicking Collin from behind after losing the ball in the box.

Hall kept Houston ahead with diving saves of shots by C.J. Sapong in the 56th minute and Graham Zusi in the 60th minute. Hall saved Kei Kamara's shot in the 75th minute from the middle of the box and Birahim Diop's shot from 25 yards out on the left in the 84th minute

DC United 0 FC Dallas 0

Bill Hamid finished with three saves to help D.C. United to a scoreless draw against FC Dallas on Saturday night.

It was the second time this season that the two clubs played to a scoreless tie.

Hamid finished with a clean sheet for the second consecutive week as United improved to 5-5-8. FC Dallas (10-5-5) was shutout for the second straight week.

Dallas' Jackson Goncalves nearly scored in the 87th minute with a sliding shot from the top of the goalie's box, but his shot bounced off the crossbar.

In the 67th minute, FC Dallas had a chance to score on a Marvin Chavez breakaway but Chavez pulled his shot left of the post from 8 yards away.

FC Dallas also had scoring opportunities in the first half, including a 20-foot shot from Brek Shea in the 20th minute which forced a two-handed save by Hamid.

Dallas had 14 shots to 4 for United, a season low for D.C.

United's best scoring chance came in the 18th minute after Andy Najar fired a shot from 12 yards away that forced a diving save by goalkeeper Kevin Hartman.

Real Salt Lake v Vancouver Whitecaps - postponed

The game between the Vancouver Whitecaps and Real Salt Lake has been postponed because of unplayable field conditions.

Temporary grass sod was laid over the artificial turf at Empire Field in preparation for an exhibition between the Whitecaps and England's Manchester City on Monday.

Whitecaps CEO Paul Barber says rain and limited drainage for a temporary grass field resulted in the postponement.

Barber said the game Monday is scheduled to go ahead as planned.

The Real Salt Lake game will be made up at a later date.