Guus Hiddink's agent insists the Dutchman would not quit as Turkey manager to take over at Chelsea, despite the resignation of the man who appointed him.

But Cees van Nieuwenhuizen admitted he was unable to say for certain whether Hiddink would snub the Blues if they reached an agreement with the Turkish Football Federation to release him from his contract.

Tuesday saw TFF president Mahmut Ozgener announce he would not stand for another term in office, a decision which fuelled speculation over Hiddink's position.

Ozgener has been a staunch ally of the 64-year-old but the former's impending departure will diminish any say he has if Chelsea decide to test the TFF's resolve to keep Hiddink.

Hiddink is renowned for not breaking contracts but Van Nieuwenhuizen was uncertain whether his client would consider being bought out of the final year of it as the same as a breach.

"I really have no idea,'' Van Nieuwenhuizen told Press Association Sport, insisting Ozgener's announcement had "not had any effect'' on Hiddink's own position.

He added: "The contract is with the Turkish Football Federation and not the individual president.''

Asked if Hiddink was concerned or upset about Ozgener's departure, Van Nieuwenhuizen said: "Guus is somebody who can accept the facts of life.''

Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay yesterday refused to comment on reports Hiddink is the club's number one target as he visited Hong Kong ahead of their pre-season tour of Asia.

He did reveal, however, that he hoped to make an appointment within the next fortnight.

Van Nieuwenhuizen maintained there had been no formal contact between Hiddink - who is also currently in Asia - and the Blues over the vacancy.