Three Die In Bolivia After Drinking Insecticide Thinking It Was Alcohol

Published July 09, 2014


Three people died after drinking insecticide thinking it was alcohol in a town in southwestern Bolivia, a government official reported Tuesday.

The dead included two men and a woman ages 64 to 69, an official with the Attorney General's Office confirmed to Radio Erbol, adding that eyewitnesses said that the three had been drinking various alcoholic beverages together on Sunday.

The incident occurred in the town of Vila Vila, in the Andean province of Potosi and, according to the report from the AG's Office, the victims had bought the adulterated liquid from a man who sold it to them as ethyl alcohol. 

Follow us on
Like us at