A total of $695.87 million will be invested in natural gas projects across Bolivia this year, state-owned oil company YPFB said.

One of the projects included in the investment plan is the Gran Chaco liquids separation plant in southern Bolivia.

The $608.9 million Gran Chaco plant is being constructed by Spain's Tecnicas Reunidas, or TR, YPFB said in a statement.

A total of $197.6 million is being invested in the project this year, the state-owned oil company said, adding that the plant is expected to be completed in September.

Another important project is the liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant being built by Spain's Sener Ingenieria y Sistemas S.A. and Ros Roca Indox Cryo Energy in the eastern region of Santa Cruz, YPFB said.

Total investment of $82 million is planned for the LNG plant this year, YPFB said.

A total of $382.36 million is being invested in the petrochemical complex being built by South Korea's Samsung in the central Bolivian region of Cochabamba, with completion expected in October 2015, the state-owned oil company said.

Bolivia covered domestic demand for liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) and exported some of the fuel, thanks to the start of operations at the Rio Grande plant, located in a rural area of Santa Cruz, YPFB said.

The Rio Grande plant had $14 million in sales of LPG to Paraguay and Peru in the last four months of 2013, YPFB said.

Rio Grande's output is expected to reach 129,600 metric tons this year, of which 80 percent will be sold domestically and the remaining 20 percent exported, the state-owned oil company said. EFE