The death toll from this week's magnitude-7.7 earthquake in the southwestern province of Baluchistan stands at 349, Pakistani authorities said Thursday.
The government's chief concern now is helping the tens of thousands left homeless.
Only 10,000 people have been able to reach the supply-stocked camps set up for those forced from their homes.
While a spokesman for the Provincial Disaster Management Authority, Saifuraman Khan, told Efe that around 160,000 people had been affected by the quake, Pakistani media cited other officials who said the figure was closer to 300,000.
Adobe houses predominate in the poor, sparsely populated province. Baluchistan legislator Mir Qudus Bizenjo said 40,000 homes were destroyed in Tuesday's earthquake.
The hardest-hit district, Awaran, covers 21,000 square kilometers (8,108 sq. miles) and has few serviceable roads, making the task of delivering aid very challenging.
Baluchistan is Pakistan's largest, least-developed region and what little infrastructure it has is aging and prone to breakdowns.
The province's network of canals has run dry in many spots, leaving thousands of people without access to water. EFE