RECIFE, Brazil – A 12-year-old boy died after eating cookies poisoned by two girls at his school in northeastern Brazil, police said Tuesday.
The girls, aged 13 and 14, admitted putting a deadly dose of rat poison in the cookies, but claimed they were meant for two rival girls at their school on the outskirts of the city of Recife, said investigating officer Mariana Villas Boas.
The boy, who was called to deliver the toxic cookies to allay suspicions, was not aware of the plan and ate them instead, with deadly result. He was taken to hospital in agony and died shortly afterwards.
"The boy died last Thursday after eating the poisoned biscuits," Villas Boas said.
An autopsy revealed the poison and police contacted by doctors tracked the boy's movements back to the two girls.
They were not being detained, but were "responding to a special police procedure that will later be sent to the prosecutor," the policewoman said.
For more, go to myfoxdc.com