• ½ pound ground chorizo
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 cup onion, diced
• 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
• 6 ounce bag baby spinach
• 8 eggs
• ½ cup milk
• ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
• ⅛ teaspoon salt
• 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
• 1 tablespoon butter
1. In a large hot skillet, cook chorizo until crisp and brown (but not burned). As you cook, break down meat into little pieces using a stiff spoon. Set aside.
2. In the same skillet, sauté diced onions until translucent. Add garlic and spinach and continue to cook until spinach has wilted.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper until well blended.
4. Fold in chorizo and cheese (we used chipotle cheddar).
5. In the skillet with spinach, melt butter then add egg mixture and cook over low heat until set.
6. Transfer to oven and bake for 15 minutes.
7. Slice and serve!
Elizabeth Carrion, a Dominican, co-founded Mi Cocina, a New Jersey-based catering service that also offers cooking classes, with her sister, Ana Martinez. Follow her on Twitter: @micocinalatina and visit her website micocina-latina.com.