Looking for a Christmas recipe? You don't need to worry about dessert. Here is a delicious coconut panna cotta with tropical fruit sauce recipe by our star chef, Denisse Oller.
8 oz heavy cream
12 oz coconut milk
4 oz milk 2%
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 envelope powdered gelatin
1 tsp coconut rum
Sweet toasted coconut flakes for garnish
1. Heat cream and sugar gently at medium heat, while stirring often, until it simmers. Allow to cool slightly and pour in a glass bowl..
1. Place a pot on top of another pot containing gently simmering water. Dissolve the gelatin in the coconut cream in the pot on top, stirring gently. This should take just a minute or two.
2. Add the gelatin mix to the cream and stir well, so there are no lumps or grains. Add the vanilla and stir.
3. Pour the mixture in individual 4-inch-wide ramekins. Refrigerate until set.
4. When serving add toasted sweet coconut flakes.
Yield: 4 Servings
Denisse Oller is a journalist, chef and community leader and a household name for million of Latinos in the U.S. Currently, Denisse is a Food and Nutrition Expert for AARP’s on-line Spanish language food channel, she is working on her first cookbook, and teaches recreational classes at The Institute of Culinary Education in New York. Over the past 20 years, Denisse Oller received widespread recognition as a news anchor/reporter at Telemundo and Univision. Outside of the kitchen, Denisse Oller is the Executive Director for The Joseph A. Unanue Institute for Latin Studies at Seton Hall University.