For those afraid of piling on the calories with the plethora of chow on hand this Super Bowl Sunday, here we bring to you a perfectly sized scrumptious pork burger on a whole wheat english muffin.
1. 1 ½ pounds lean ground pork
2. 1 tablespoon paprika
3. 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
4. 1 teaspoon ground cumin
5. ½ teaspoon onion powder
6. 1 teaspoon kosher salt
7. ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
8. 2 garlic cloves, minced
9. 1 tablespoon ketchup
10. 1 lime juice, squeezed
11. 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
12. 1 (9-pack) whole wheat english muffins
1. Mix the first seven ingredients.
2. Then add oil, minced garlic, ketchup, lime juice, and stir until well-combined.
3. Add pork. Using your hands, mix well and form nine patties.
4. In a deep non-stick skillet, cook on medium for 6 minutes on one side. Flip and cook for another 4-5 mins.
5. Toast english muffin and top burger with greens and guacamole or sliced avocado.
Makes 9 burgers.
Elizabeth Carrion, a Dominican, co-founded Mi Cocina, a New Jersey-based catering service that also offers cooking classes, with her sister, Ana Martinez.
Elizabeth Carrion, a Dominican, co-founded Mi Cocina, a New Jersey-based catering service that also offers cooking classes, with her sister, Ana Martinez. Follow her on Twitter: @micocinalatina and visit her website micocina-latina.com.