Eating a balanced breakfast is key to starting your day right. This is my favorite meal of the day. The right combinations of foods can be the difference between a good day and a bad day. Eating a nutritious dense breakfast can help sustain your energy throughout the day. Here are some healthy options to kick start your day:
1. Granola: Whole-grain carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats. Granola has many healthy benefits and there are so many options out there. Most are rich in fiber, protein and minerals, as well as omega fatty acids. The next time you go to the grocery store, grab a bag or you can find a healthy recipe and make it yourself!
2. Oatmeal: It is a quick way to fill you up. It is rich in fiber and can also help fight against obesity. If you like a warm, quick and filling meals… opt for the instant oatmeal packets without the fancy flavors. You can add your own natural sweeteners and fruits to make it more interesting and delicious.
3. Scrambled Eggs: There have been studies that show people who have eggs for breakfast are less famished at lunchtime. They make you feel fuller for longer periods of time. However, people with high cholesterol should stick to what the doctor says. Often scrambled egg whites are the choice when watching your caloric intake. You can add avocado or spinach for a little variety.
4. Smoothie: Doctor up a healthy breakfast drink. Blend your favorite protein powder with some organic Greek yogurt and add 1 cup of fresh fruit. You can absolutely make it green as well! Adding avocado, cucumber and kale! A smoothie for breakfast will definitely get your energy up and make your body feel great.
5. Egg Sandwich: Make yourself an egg sandwich to go! Using a whole-wheat English muffin with an over-easy egg, and you’ve got a hearty and complete breakfast. Be careful to not use butter or hydrogenated oils when doing this. It is possible to keep this sandwich hearty and healthy so that you don’t damage your arteries.
Making breakfast plans the night before can be very helpful, especially if you’re the type of person who doesn’t allow for a lot of time in the morning to get ready. It is important to plan ahead so that your body knows what is happening. When it does not get fed, it may rebel against you. It is vital to begin your day right; it sets the tone for your day. A smart and delicious breakfast results in a full and happy day.
Rosie Acosta is a sunny California native of Mexican heritage, she writes about her passion for Yoga and Mexican Food. She transforms her grandmother's hearty recipes into organic healthy alternatives for a healthier lifestyle. Follow her on Twitter: @RosieAcosta FB: facebook.com/organicmexicangirl and visit her website organicmexicangirl.com