With fruits such as pineapples and kiwis which are high in Vitamin C (more than oranges!) and mangoes that taste so good and so sweet one forgets they are good for you, this is a no guilt dessert you can have everyday. Topped off with some antioxidant rich pomegranate seeds and you may live actually forever.
• 1 pineapple, cored, cut in half and cubed
• 1 mango, cubed
• 1 pound strawberries, sliced
• 1 cup blueberries
• 2 cups watermelon, cubed
• 3 kiwis, cubed
• 1 pomegranate
• 5 mint leaves, minced
• 1 lemon, juiced
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Begin by scooping out the inside of the pineapple and place chunks in a large bowl.
2. Add the rest of your fruits (except pomegranate seeds), lemon juice and vanilla extract. Mix well.
3. For the pomegranate, cut into 4 pieces and submerge under water to remove the seeds. The seeds will sink as the
4. Add half the seeds to the fruit mixture. Lightly toss again.
5. Spoon fruit mixture into pineapple bowl filling the platter with leftover fruit.
6. Top with remaining pomegranate seeds.
Elizabeth Carrion, a Dominican, co-founded Mi Cocina, a New Jersey-based catering service that also offers cooking classes, with her sister, Ana Martinez. Follow her on Twitter: @micocinalatina and visit her website micocina-latina.com.