Mexican singer Juan Gabriel has suspended his U.S. tour indefinitely due to the singer’s continued health problems, his publicists on Monday.

Gabriel, 64, was hospitalized two weeks ago in Las Vegas and doctors determined he had pneumonia. He was released from Southern Hills Hospital four days later, but was re-admitted that same day, said Diana Baron, the singer’s rep in the United States. 

The man known as “El Divo de Juarez” does not have "any malignant disease" as was previously rumored, but “his airways were weakened by pneumonia” forcing him to stay hospitalized, his press team in Mexico said in a statement.

“Meanwhile… Juan Gabriel continues his successful recovery,” his Mexican rep said. Because his work depends of the strength of his lungs, doctors have recommended the singer continue resting, he said.

Juan Gabriel’s “Volver 2014” tour, which was set to resume on May 3 in Los Angeles, has now been postponed indefinitely. 

The Mexican publication TV Notas recently reported that the singer’s hospitalization was caused by a three-year fight against intestinal cancer. Gabriel’s reps have vehemently denied the rumor, saying he is recuperating well day-by-day.

Based on reporting by the Associated Press.

Follow us on twitter.com/foxnewslatino
Like us at facebook.com/foxnewslatino