Published December 26, 2012
Jennifer Lopez won’t be getting a holiday bonus this Christmas season.
On Wednesday, a judge dismissed the $20 million extortion lawsuit JLo filed against her former driver Habob Manoukian.
According to TMZ, Lopez was counter-suing her former chauffeur for $20 million in damages after Manoukian filed a lawsuit against JLO alleging that he was not allowed to take lunch breaks and didn't get paid for working overtime.
He further claimed that JLO’s manager, Benny Medina, insulted him in front of staff and demoted him from full-time driver to L.A.-only driver.
Manoukian filed the lawsuit in Los Angeles, Calif. back in May for breach-of-contract.
He claims that he began driving Lopez and ex-hubby Marc Anthony part time in 2005 and then left his private limo company after Lopez and Anthony wanted him as a full-time driver last year.
In the lawsuit, Manoukian alleges that he was told he would earn $72,000 plus "production pay" for times when JLO would be filming, performing or involved with professional endeavors. The complaint alleges that Manoukian is owed $200,000.
The former driver also maintains that JLO’s manager Benny Medina "chastised and humiliated" him while the former American Idol judge was working in Atlanta. He says Medina went off on him, stating that he should not have been hired because he was “not presentable” and struggled with his English.
However since the claims surface, JLO has been adamant that the allegations are entirely untrue.
In the dropped lawsuit, Lopez says that Manoukian wanted to take over her entire security team and get more cash. After JLO declined his efforts, she says Manoukian fired back by threatening to go public with confidential and private information of Lopez’s life.
In the court documents it also says that Manoukian told JLO if she didn’t pay up the $2.8 million he would reveal her personal info to the authorities so they could criminally prosecute her.