Halle Berry’s baby daddy, Gabriel Aubry, seems to be moving on. He dropped the restraining order against Berry’s Spanish fiancé Olivier Martinez after their Thanksgiving altercation, TMZ is reporting.
The entertainment site says that Aubry’s attorney, Shawn Holley, went to court and apparently had a change of heart.
The news comes just as Aubry and Berry made peace and both parties agreed to “move forward” on Thursday.
Aubry was spotted rocking dark shades to hide the black eyes he was given by Martínez as he attended family court in Los Angeles where his lawyers and Berry’s lawyers came to an agreement.
Berry did not attend the court session.
Aubry, as Fox News Latino reported, will not spend time in the slammer over the altercation with Martínez because authorities see the fight as a “mutual combat,” and therefore it is unlikely Aubrey will be charged.
Aubry said he was a victim of an unwarranted attack that is allegedly part of some scheme to get him deported, as well as for Berry to win back custody of their daughter.
He supposedly requested for police to obtain security footage from Berry’s home, which would prove who instigated the fight.
“I told the officers that (Martínez) was the one who attacked me, and repeatedly told them to get the security tapes from Ms. Berry’s security cameras before she and Mr. Martínez deleted them,” said Aubry in a sworn declaration to officials.
While Berry’s camp insists Aubry provoked the fight by throwing the first punch after dropping off his child, he’s now stating Martínez threatened to “beat the s***” out of him earlier this week. Aubry is also allegedly stating that on Thanksgiving, “Olivier jumped off the stairs and knocked” him to the ground, leading to a brutal fight.
“We called the cops (and when they get here) you’re going to tell them that you’re the one who attacked me, or I’m going to kill you,” revealed in Aubry’s declaration on Martínez’s threat.