(Updates with Garcia's release from hospital, additional details)
Argentine rocker Charly Garcia was released Sunday afternoon from a hospital in Cordoba, a city in central Argentina, after being admitted hours earlier upon suffering health problems at a concert he was giving.
The 60-year-old musician fainted onstage at Cordoba's Superdomo Orfeo, where he was giving a recital on Saturday evening, and he was given first aid in his dressing room, the government news agency Telam reported Sunday.
His band told the audience that Garcia had suffered a bout of low blood pressure and that he would shortly return to the stage, but early Sunday morning after about 40 minutes of first aid he was taken to the Modelo Cardiology Institute in Cordoba, located 800 kilometers (about 500 miles) north of Buenos Aires.
The artist's blood pressure was actually spiking upward when he entered the hospital, the director of the medical center, Jose Sala, said.
Garcia is "stable, fine, lucid and is cooperating with the doctors," Sala told the Todo Noticias television channel, which broadcasts from Buenos Aires, at the time.
Sala had said that the musician could be released on Monday if the various tests performed on him by the medical personnel are positive, but local media were able to confirm that he was released Sunday afternoon.
"I love Cordoba very much," Charly had said on Friday, when he was named an illustrious citizen of the city.
Meanwhile, Garcia's spokesman, Jimena Arce, told the Telam news agency that "Charly Garcia is perfectly find after a scare that had no long-term effects."
Garcia came to Cordoba to present "60x60," a triple album combining the concerts he offered at the Gran Rex theater in the capital late last year.
The artist is scheduled to give shows promoting the album in the Luna Park stadium in Buenos Aires on Aug. 29 and Sept. 4 and 6.
The rocker returned to the stage in 2009 after undergoing treatment to break his addiction to drugs. EFE